Our client is defining the Knowledge-as-a-Service category to help organizations generate new levels of business value from their existing assets. Their natural language processing (NLP) platform transforms unstructured data into experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed. Connecting into their systems of record, our client’s platform rapidly fuses complex, unstructured content into a fully connected Knowledge Operating System, tripling the accuracy and power of applications such as AI assistants, chatbots, collaboration tools, and enterprise search. Their company is creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology and was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market.
About the Role:
Our client seeks a world-class sales leader skilled at building diverse, high-performing teams focusing on culture and customer success to develop and run their hyper-growth Federal Business. You will have a passion for hiring and developing great sales teams and nurturing valued customer relationships to build our client’s Go-To-Market Federal US business, operating as the geography sales leader for this market.
In this role, you will directly report to the President of the company, collaborating closely with the Product, Marketing, and leadership team. This role is a mix of sales, corporate strategy, planning, and enablement. You will be challenged to drive growth, build a diverse and inclusive high-performance sales organization, and develop a highly productive partner network to deliver customer success and a hyper-growth business for our client.
As part of the Sales leadership team, you will have ownership of all sales aspects of Federal Sales. Our client needs an entrepreneurial leader who is ready for their next big step. Suppose you are an individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are developing and executing deal strategies, leading and mentoring a team and collaborating cross-functionally with every area of the organization. In that case, this is the ideal opportunity for you.
Your Near Term Road Map:
- Build a world-class organization through diligent recruiting activities, hiring, training, optimizing, and managing a growing team of Account Executives.
- In coordination with the company’s leadership, develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for growing the company’s presence in defined government institutions.
- Learn fast with a focus on your enablement through our client’s high-touch executive onboarding program and best-in-class enablement program while embedding a culture of enablement, showcasing development through your own learning.
- Develop deep familiarity with our client’s software platforms and how they can be used to solve a wide range of real-world problems.
- Lead the sales team, including personally driving enterprise sales deals, to contribute significantly towards western US targets. You will be a practitioner, not just an orchestrator, and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and leading from the front in customer engagements.
- Define activity and KPIs for the team, inspect, measure, and report to the team and management.
- Work closely with the Alliances & Channels team to develop and strengthen our client’s indirect Go-To-Market in your regions.
- Work directly with Product, Product Marketing, and Demand Generation to develop industry and customer-focused campaigns and events.
- Develop and regularly report new and expansion sales bookings forecasts based on visibility into direct and partner pipelines.
- Form an effective, highly motivated, and productive sales organization that attracts, inspires, and retains top talent focusing on our client’s culture and values.
- Earn the trust and collaborate with leaders and peers to enhance mutual understanding and success for our client’s teams and customers.
- Work with the company’s functional teams, including Marketing, Support, Services, and Engineering, to drive sales, support, and product development strategy for your region, industries, and key clients.
- Experiment, learn, and collaborate on the industry, sales, retention, and account strategies and experiences that will shape our client’s business and build your legacy in the market.
- Serve as the key point of contact between our client and given institution(s), and represent our client’s Sales Team at industry events and conferences.
- A minimum of 3 years of government sales experience, either in Federal or SLED
- Active US Security clearance or eligibility and willingness to obtain a US Security clearance depending on the target account
- Proven track record of large-scale sales to government institutions
- Intricate familiarity with procurement processes
- 10+ years of management experience within the technology industry in B2B direct sales, hands-on experience as an individual contributor in sales in addition to management would be helpful
- Strong analytical thinker with demonstrated command of metrics-driven sales models
- ML/AI understanding and fluency. Natural Language fundamentals as well as enterprise technology platform familiarity
- Track record in building organizations and hiring and training diverse top talent with an inclusive culture
- Effective at building senior and executive relationships with key agency stakeholders
- Vertical Strategy experience and savviness in developing innovative enterprise technology use cases
- Proven record of driving and closing large, complex sales
- A compelling leader who can effectively coach individually and drive team motivation
- Strong career trajectory with a history of top new business performance in successive roles
- Ability to understand, articulate, and lead complex sales processes
- Superior cognitive skills
- Experience building and/or leveraging indirect/channel sales models
- Demonstration of the utmost professionalism and integrity with employees and customers
- Ability to travel per business needs
- 100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents.
- 100% Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term, and Long Term Disability.
- Unlimited PTO
Apply below or email us your resume at email@example.com